1. In the state of wudhu with clean clothes, with perfume applied, faced towards the qiblah, meditate over the fact that your grave is before your eyes. Before everything else, negate your own self. Thereafter negate everything other than Allah and recite 100 times لا اله الا الله
When you say لا اله then you meditate that all the beloved things of this temporary world and all the false idols (which have taken shape in the form of carnal desires in my heart) are being negated.
Meditate that a pillar of light from the ‘Arsh of Allah Ta’ala is entering your heart when you say الا الله
2. For Males: Make zikr of ismuz-zaat by saying الله the blessed name of Allah Ta`ala 100 times. Imagine that with your tongue, the heart is also saying the name of Allah.
Note: Its wajib to say Jalla jalaluho when saying the name of Allah Tala for the first time in any gathering.
For Females: Make tasbeeh by saying سبحان الله 100 times.
3. Recitation of Istighfaar 100 times .
4. Send salutations upon the beloved Messenger (Sallallahu alaihi wa Sallam) by reading 100 times
صلّي الله علي النبي الامّي
5. Recitation of the Qur’an Majeed: A person should try to recite as much as possible. In addition, one should be punctual in reciting Surah Yaseen. After reciting the Qur’an Majeed, one should supplicate thus: “O Allah! We have recited Your blessed words. And we have recited the “heart” of Your words. O Allah, through the blessings of the ‘heart’ of Your words, purify our hearts and grant us complete purification and bestow us with sound hearts.”
6. Recite one manzil of Munajaat-ul-Maqbool.