1. To supplicate to Allah with the following رب اجعلني مقيم الصلوة و من ذريتي ربنا و تقبل دعاء
ربنا اغفرلي ولوالدي وللمؤمنين يوم يقوم الحساب
By the blessings of this du’a, Insha Allah you and your children will be granted the ability to be punctual with your prayers.
2. If it’s convenient then to take a nap in the afternoon which is also a sunnah and aids in causing a person to wake up for Fajr.
3. To have dinner early and to not overeat. Moulana Thanwi (RA) has written that when a person eats, there comes a moment where a question arises in his mind should I continue eating or quit? The moment this question arises, a person should stop eating.
4. To not drink water before going to sleep unless there is a dire need to do so and if so, then to drink a small amount.
5. To go to sleep early otherwise the above-mentioned points will be of no benefit.
6. To perform those acts which are sunnah prior to going to sleep, refer to Beautiful Sunnahs of the Beloved Nabi (S), by Hazrat Moulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahib (Damat Barakatuhum ).
7. Prior to going to sleep tell someone to wake you up for Fajr.
8. An alarm clock should be kept a distance away from the bed. Instead of just switching it off and going back to sleep, you will have to get out of bed to switch it off.
9. To recite verse number 127 of Surah Baqarah or the last four verses of Surah Kahf before going to sleep. By reciting these verses if a person intends to wake up at a particular time, Insha Allah one will wake up on that time.
10. Immediately upon waking up, to sufficiently rub your eyes according to the sunnah, this too will cause the effects of sleep to be removed.
11. If possible, upon waking up after wiping ones’ face with ones’ hands recite verses 190-194 of Surah Al-Imran. This is also a sunnah. ‘Ulema have written that through their experience this practice also causes the effects of sleep to go away.
12. Upon awakening from ones sleep, using ones strength and willpower immediately stand up. Never fall victim to the ploy of ones nafs that I will wake up in a little while otherwise one will miss their salaah.