Taqwa means consciousness, awe or fear of Allah, which inspires a person to be on guard against wrong action and eager for actions which please Allah and stay away from those actions which displease and anger him.
"the skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it (when they recite it or hear it). Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of Allah." [39:23]
1. Recite the Qur'an with its meanings.
2. Remember Allah.
3. Busy yourself with good works.
4. Be with good company.
5. Learn religious knowledge.
6. Always be alert and aware of whatever may divert you away from Allah.
7. Be humble in character.
8. Do everything to please Allah.
9. Focus on the main purpose of our lives.
10. Remember much the destroyer of pleasures: DEATH!